Back to School Mini-Course
Back to school 2021 will be yet another journey into new and, at times, uncertain territory. That’s why TMC has created a new and unique 5-module mini-course that will help educators reflect on and address this year’s unique stressors. In our new course, TMC Executive Director Susan Hopkins and other Self-Reggers will dive into the unique challenges educators will face this fall including adaptations, uncertainties and anxieties around health and safety, new rules and procedures, and their impacts on students, staff and parents.
Each module will focus on one of the Look Fors of a Self-Reg Haven outlined in Drs. Shanker and Hopkins' recent book Self-Reg Schools: A Handbook for Educators, along with a special focus on inclusion. Modules will contain exclusive video content focusing on the practicalities of returning to school this fall, with student well-being and self-regulation for all at the heart.
- Module 1: Safe: Everyone—students, staff, parents—feels a sense of not just physical safety, but also emotional, social and cultural safety.
- Module 2: Rooted: People feel a sense of belonging and connectedness within the school: the place, the community, the priorities.
- Module 3: Balanced: A healthy energy for learning and connectedness, where people’s needs and stressors are recognized and supported across all domains of experience.
- Module 4: Capable: Confidence and competence is seen everywhere, with a social ecology of people contributing to each other’s strengths and skills in healthy and interdependence-promoting ways.
- Module 5: Trusted: Everyone is and feels trusted to be, feel and act safe as part of the rooting of the school community.
Join this new Self-Reg PD offering at any time that suits you this fall. Grounded in the framework presented in the Self-Reg Schools Handbook, our new mini-course is flexibly designed and easily adapted to the needs and schedules of different educators, including:
- individual and school team options
- learners will have access to the content until November 30, 2021
- learners and teams will be able to pick and choose from the content that is most relevant to them
This mini-course will include:
- New videos from Executive Director Susan Hopkins focused on Back to School in 2021
- A selection of SRSS 2021 talks by Susan Hopkins, Paula Jurczak & Gerry Costa
- Access to our:
- Leadership that Enables School stream recordings
- Self-Reg 101 for All Professional Learning Series
- 2020 Back to School Mini-Course - including videos on the 4 Self-Reg Journeys and challenges around physical distancing, PPE & inclusion
- For those with an active Co-Reg Community membership, you will be able to access a companion discussion area to connect with other teachers, principals, school leaders & Self-Reggers
We will not be granting certificates for this course, however, groups are welcome to recognize their team's participation with internal certificates.
Immediately after registering, you will receive your confirmation of enrollment/receipt. We will then be in contact shortly before the course launches with a welcome and information about logging into our eSchool.