Mentoring is a new educational offering available to individuals who have completed one of our Self-Reg certificate courses (Foundations Certificate Program, Early Childhood Development or Leadership for Self-Reg Schools). Participants will have a unique, guided opportunity to increase their knowledge of Shanker Self-Reg and deepen the learning and insights gained in our online courses through one-on-one, 1 hour online discussions with a knowledgeable and supportive mentor over Zoom.
- Extend the dialogue and reflection from the course you completed
- Get support in identifying your Self-Reg learning goals
- Explore specific areas of Self-Reg that interest you
Carol is a Registered Clinical Counsellor and member of the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (#3187). She holds a MA in Counselling (2006) and a Bachelor of Education (Music Major).
Carol worked for 36 years as a public-school educator in a variety of roles including: K-7 music specialist, intermediate classroom teacher, elementary/middle school counsellor, and elementary/middle school administrator. The capstone of Carol’s career was being a vital part in the shift from a behavioural lens to a self-reg lens at her last school. This transformation convinced Carol that self-reg is a missing link in many school’s today. This was the impetus for her to take both Foundations 1 & 2 courses through the MEHRIT Centre.
Since 2017 Carol has worked as an Adjunct Professor at the UBC Okanagan School of Education. She taught the course “Developing Learners” and is currently a Faculty Advisor to twenty-one interns.
Carol lives in the North Okanagan with her husband Jim. The joy of their lives are their fifteen grandchildren.
- Mondays with timeslots at 1:00PM, 2:30PM and 4:00PM PST
- You are able to book specific dates and times with Carol using the drop-down selections above.
- After booking/purchase you will receive an automatic confirmation email from our eStore.
- Within 3 working days, a member of the TMC team will send a general confirmation email to confirm your date & time, your topic
- You will also be emailed a Zoom meeting link and a Google calendar invite to the mentoring session.
- On the day of, log onto your mentoring session ~5 minutes early using the Zoom link provided shortly after booking.
- You will have 1 hour with your mentor to dive deeper into your Self-Reg topic(s) of interest.
MENTORING TERMS AND CONDITIONS*:
Our mentors who are additionally licenced in clinical or healthcare professions outside of The MEHRIT Centre are not able to offer any clinical or healthcare advice. If you would like to meet with them in that capacity you are welcome to reach out to their practice separate from The MEHRIT Centre, this is not a referral.
See our refund and cancellation policies here.