Mentoring is a new educational offering available to individuals who have completed one of our Self-Reg certificate courses (Foundations Certificate Program, Early Childhood Development or Leadership for Self-Reg Schools). Participants will have a unique, guided opportunity to increase their knowledge of Shanker Self-Reg and deepen the learning and insights gained in our online courses through one-on-one, 1 hour online discussions with a knowledgeable and supportive mentor over Zoom.
- Extend the dialogue and reflection from the course you completed
- Get support in identifying your Self-Reg learning goals
- Explore specific areas of Self-Reg that interest you
Laura received her Ph.D from OISE/University of Toronto. Her area of interest was within developmental psychology, psychological and educational assessment and counseling. Currently she is a Registered Psychotherapist (CRPO #002669) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. Laura's early training began at the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry and the Hospital for Sick Children as a Psychometrist and research assistant. She has worked in a number of organizations and had a private practice. Her experience with families and children with learning, attention and developmental challenges spans over 20 years in the field. Family Education Resource Network (FERN) was inspired by Laura as a way to support more families and children in meaningful ways. She began fundraising for FERN through annual rummage sales from her home. Today FERN has developed into a not-for-profit community of caring families, children and staff. Laura works as a clinician at FERN. She is compassionate and believes that the supports and services at FERN must come from the ground up- families play a critical role in the development of programs. More recently, Laura has been training with The Mehrit Centre, bringing the science of Self-Reg to the families, students and staff at FERN. She believes that Shanker Self-Reg is a critical journey with the potential to move us all towards wellbeing and resiliency.
- Mondays with timeslots at 2:00PM, 3:00PM and 5:00PM EST
Thursdays with timeslots at 4:00pm, 5:00pm EST
Fridays with timeslots at 10:00AM, 11:00AM, 12:00PM, 1:00PM , 2:00PM and 3:00PM EST
- You are able to book specific dates and times with Laura using the drop-down selections above.
- After booking/purchase you will receive an automatic confirmation email from our eStore.
- Within 3 working days, a member of the TMC team will send a general confirmation email to confirm your date & time, your topic.
- You will also be emailed a Zoom meeting link and a Google calendar invite to the mentoring session.
- On the day of, log onto your mentoring session ~5 minutes early using the Zoom link provided shortly after booking.
- You will have 1 hour with your mentor to dive deeper into your Self-Reg topic(s) of interest.
MENTORING TERMS AND CONDITIONS*:
Our mentors who are additionally licenced in clinical or healthcare professions outside of The MEHRIT Centre are not able to offer any clinical or healthcare advice. If you would like to meet with them in that capacity you are welcome to reach out to their practice separate from The MEHRIT Centre, this is not a referral.
See our refund and cancellation policies here.