Mentoring is a new educational offering available to individuals who have completed one of our Self-Reg certificate courses (Foundations Certificate Program, Early Childhood Development or Leadership for Self-Reg Schools). Participants will have a unique, guided opportunity to increase their knowledge of Shanker Self-Reg and deepen the learning and insights gained in our online courses through one-on-one, 1 hour online discussions with a knowledgeable and supportive mentor over Zoom.
- Extend the dialogue and reflection from the course you completed
- Get support in identifying your Self-Reg learning goals
- Explore specific areas of Self-Reg that interest you
Rebecca completed The MEHRIT Centre’s (TMC) Foundations program, became a Self-Reg Consultant with TMC, and joined the research team at the Self Regulation Institute (SRI) in 2017. She currently delivers dynamic and interactive Self-Reg workshops in English/French and is available for presentations in Canada and the United States. Additionally, she is a teaching assistant for both TMC’s Leadership program as well as the Early Childhood Development course.
Drawn to Self-Reg as a way to understand stress, both negative and positive, she is particularly interested in the brain-body connection and applying Dr. Shanker’s framework in classrooms, families, and the workplace. With a BEd and graduate studies at McGill University, she also holds an MEd in Developmental Psychology & Education from the University of Toronto. Her research interests revolve around neuropsychology and exploring evidence-informed practices for enhancing teacher-student relationships.
- Saturdays with timeslots at 11:00AM,12:00PM,,1:00PM EST
- Sundays with timeslots at 11:00AM,12:00PM,,1:00PM EST
- Tuesdays with timeslots at 3:30PM, 4:30PM EST
- Wednesdays with timeslots at 6:30PM, 7:30PM EST
- Thursdays with timeslots at 3:30PM, 4:30PM EST
- You are able to book specific dates and times with Rebecca using the drop-down selections above.
- After booking/purchase you will receive an automatic confirmation email from our eStore.
- Within 3 working days a member of the TMC team will email to confirm your mentoring sessions[s] and share a Zoom meeting link and Google calendar invite to the mentoring session.
- On the day of, log onto your mentoring session ~5 minutes early using the Zoom link provided shortly after booking.
- You will have 1 hour with your mentor to dive deeper into your Self-Reg topic(s) of interest.
MENTORING TERMS AND CONDITIONS*:
Our mentors who are additionally licenced in clinical or healthcare professions outside of The MEHRIT Centre are not able to offer any clinical or healthcare advice. If you would like to meet with them in that capacity you are welcome to reach out to their practice separate from The MEHRIT Centre, this is not a referral.
See our refund and cancellation policies here.