A Self-Reg Level 1 Certificate Program
Every educational leader has always had the same goal: a school in which everyone flourishes – not just academically, but socially, psychologically and morally. It’s the HOW that has always proved challenging, and now more so than ever. School leaders today are confronted with behavioural, emotional, and cognitive challenges far in excess of what their predecessors had to contend with. It is the HOW that requires, not just inspirational rhetoric and fortitude, but a deep understanding of why these problems are occurring and how they can be met and mastered.
This 12-module program has been developed specifically for school leaders: with the knowledge and guidelines needed for their school to become a centre of deep learning, in all its many facets.
- Module 1: Leadership for Self-Reg Schools – Why it Matters
- Module 2: Triune Brain and Interbrain: Self-Reg Schools Foundations
- Module 3: Thayer Matrix for School Leaders
- Module 4: Hierarchy of Stress at a Whole School Level
- Module 5: The Self-Reg Framework: 5 Practices in Schools
- Module 6: The Seeds Journey
- Module 7: The Sunrise Journey
- Module 8: The Quilt Journey
- Module 9: All Means All - Anxiety
- Module 10: All Means All - Autism
- Module 11: All Means All- ADHD
- Module 12: The Haven Journey
But, is it for me? If you’re interested in learning how Shanker Self-Reg® can help your school become a centre of deep learning, then yes – this course is for you.
- Three separate four-module courses
- Each courses takes 4 weeks to complete
- Study at times of your own choosing: approximately 4 – 6 hours per week
- Study as part of a support cohort of learners
- Course facilitation from a TMC Self-Reg Specialist
- Short videos from Dr. Shanker and Susan Hopkins with “bite-sized” chunks of information
- Questions designed to support understanding, reflection and application of Self-Reg learning
- Interactive responding to comments of other learners online
- Contributions from other Shanker Self-Reg® experts
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate identifying you have completed the Leadership for Self-Reg Schools Certificate Program and may now refer to yourself as a Shanker Self-Reg® Champion.
Immediately after registering, you will receive your confirmation of enrollment/receipt. We will then be in contact a few days before the course start date with a welcome and information about logging into our eSchool.
See our full 2021 course calendar here.