A Self-Reg Level 2 Certificate Program*
For those looking to dive deeper in their Shanker Self-Reg® learning and be equipped with the tools to bring Self-Reg to those in their community and care, the Self-Reg Facilitator’s Program is a fantastic next step. Anyone who has completed the Self-Reg Foundations, Early Childhood Development and/or Leadership Certificate Program and is interested in taking their Self-Reg expertise to the next level may apply. The demand for Shanker Self-Reg® learning informed by The MEHRIT Centre is growing.
To meet the demand and our mission of grounding living and learning in self-regulation we are offering this program so that champions in Shanker Self-Reg® knowledge translation* will be widely available. Through this program:
- Further ground your understandings of the Shanker Self-Reg® science and research foundations of The Shanker Method®.
- Develop expertise in the Self-Reg Framework and application of the Shanker Method®.
- Apply the Shanker Method® to case studies across a range of contexts.
- Research, plan, develop, deliver*, assess and evaluate Self-Reg workshops.
- Earn a Self-Reg Learning Facilitator Certificate.
- Be eligible to apply for presenter and facilitator positions available with TMC - *Canada only
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- The Facilitator's program combines a collection of short videos from Dr. Stuart Shanker, a collaborative inquiry model, and case studies.
- Using a facilitated cohort model similar to that in the Self-Reg Foundations program, the Facilitator's Program has 6 courses:
- 1 for each step of the 5 Step Method,
- 1 integrated application courses.
Each of the 6 courses has four modules. Each module is 1 week long with a (short) pre and post-module task. The modules are designed to take approximately 5 hours each to complete.
- Pre-Module Quiz or Task
- Module 1: Digging Deeper
- Module 2: Applying the Science (individuals)
- Module 3: Applying the Science (groups)
- Module 4: Extending the Learning
- Post-Module Quiz or Task
See the technical requirements for our eSchool here.
- The Shanker Method 1: Read and Reframe the Behaviour | February 4 – March 2, 2021
- The Shanker Method 2: Recognize the Stressors | March 18 – April 13, 2021
- The Shanker Method 3: Reduce the Stress | April 29 – May 25, 2021
- The Shanker Method 4: Reflect, Enhance Stress Awareness | June 10 – July 6, 2021
- The Shanker Method 5: Respond, Develop Personalized Strategies (Resilience & Restoration) | July 27 – Aug 17, 2021
- Full Circle | September 2 – October 4, 2021
Note: If you are purchasing this program on behalf of someone else please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
Immediately after registering, you will receive your confirmation of enrollment/receipt. We will then be in contact a few days before the course start date with a welcome and information about logging into our eSchool.
See our full 2021 course calendar here.